What is Hospitality?
- Hospitality is the relationship between a guest and a host, wherein the host receives the guest with goodwill, including the reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers.
What are the five segments of the hospitality industry?
- Lodging-accommodation (suites and resorts), food and drink service, travel and tourism, entertainment industry, and transportation.
What is hospitality real estate?
- In real estate, hospitality consists of a wide range of product types including hotels, travel centres, water parks, amusement facilities, golf courses, cruise ships and restaurants.
What are Smart Hotels?
- Hotels that make use of internet-connected devices, which can communicate or interact with one another using a single control point such as a mobile device or remote control. This is sometimes referred to as the Internet of Things (IoT) and means that even ordinary devices or appliances can send or receive data, making them ‘smart’.
Hospitality and sustainability
- Sustainable hospitality is the hospitality and tourism that takes full account of its current and future economic, social and environmental impacts, addressing the needs of visitors, the industry, the environment and host communities. Current trends that are enabling sustainable hospitality include cutting down on food waste, minimizing water usage beyond the hotel room, eliminating plastic, conserving energy using technology (IOT), going paperless, and integrating sustainability and going green into the hotel architecture and construction.
What can we expect from our hotels post-pandemic?
- Increased demand for luxury and personalization
- Mobile guest rooms,
- Enhanced contactless room control.
- Robotic servers and pop-up dining areas are just a few ideas hotel designers are considering for the post-Covid travel world.