What is commercial real estate?
• Commercial real estate (CRE) is property that is used exclusively for business-related purposes or to provide a workspace rather than as a living space. Most often, commercial real estate is leased to tenants to conduct income-generating activities.
What classifies as retail space?
• Retail space means an establishment, other than an office or eating and drinking establishment, that is primarily engaged in the rental or sale of goods, merchandize, or services to the general public and not to wholesale clients or accounts.
What is F&B retail?
• The food & beverage retail industry encompasses the segment of retail that is closely linked with hospitality.
Commercial space vs. Retail space
• “Commercial space” generally refers to office space. With commercial space, there may not be as many people wandering in and out, whereas “retail space” depends largely on foot traffic. Commercial space is typically used for businesses that don't have a lot of foot traffic.
Emerging e-commerce trends
• Ecommerce, also known as electronic commerce or internet commerce, refers to the buying and selling of goods or services using the internet, and the transfer of money and data to execute these transactions.
• A few trends that are popular within e-commerce include use of AR for a realistic shopping experience, growing volume of voice search, AI assisted shopping, personalization to help create individualized experiences, Mobile shopping, various modes of payment and sustainable fashion.
• Drop shipping is a streamlined form of retail business wherein the seller accepts customer orders but does not keep goods sold in stock. Instead, when a dropshipping store sells a product, it purchases the item from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer.