- PROJECT NAME: Lusail
- LOCATION: Doha, Qatar
- SIZE: 38,000,000 sqm
- COMPLETION/COMPLETED DATE: Partially completed, Infrastructure completed
- DEVELOPER: Qatari Diar
- PROJECT DESCRIPTION: Largest sustainable real estate development in Qatar. It has 19 multi-use districts (residential, commercial and retail, hospitality and entertainment, civic amenities) plus 5 entertainment and residential islands spanning over 38KLM sqm. Lusail has one of the most advanced substantiable infrastructures in the region, that caters to 200,000 residents and 80,000 daily visitors. It is home to the biggest luxury mall in Qatar, Place Vendome, largest touristic destination, Qetaifan Island North, and FIFA World Cup 2022 venue, Lusail Stadium.
- UNIQUE FEATURES OF THE PROJECT:
- Sustainable infrastructure (utility tunnels, water recycling and waste management systems, gas networks, and more)
- Fully touristic entertainment islands (Qetaifan Island North and Al Maha Island)
- 226KLM integrated road network with 25 LRT stations and 76KLM cycling routes
- 17% of total project area dedicated to Green and open spaces (Crescent Park is the biggest)
- Smart city features
- Marinas with around 1,600 berths across the city
- Place Vendome mall (1million sqm of retail space)
- Downtown Lusail: premier destination in the heart of the city divided into:
The Commercial Street: 250K GFA of high street for mixed use commercial and retail spaces with unrivalled modern lifestyle experience.
The Plaza: main financial hub with 4 high-rise towers and 10,000 capacity public square on waterfront.
The Seef: Premier waterfront destination with residential-led mixed use properties. 24Klm of waterfront promenade with walkways and beaches.
- WHAT GAP IN THE MARKET IS THIS PROJECT FULFILLING? Lusail fulfils all current and future needs and the growing public demand for properties of all asset classes and services in a single, fully integrated destination
The driving force behind the city of the future, Qatari Diar Real Estate Investment Company (Qatari Diar) was established in 2005 by the Qatar Investment Authority, the sovereign wealth fund of the State of Qatar. It was entrusted with a landmark remit to coordinate Qatar’s real estate developments, in line with national interests and economic priorities. Qatari Diar has a shared capital of US $8 billion, With 50 investment projects under development held in 22 countries around the world, combining an investment value of around US$35 billion.