We can see that the pandemic has accelerated some trends already in evidence, whereas other trends may reverse. For example, demand for online shopping has increased and will likely continue, while the ongoing trend for the densification of work and living space is now under scrutiny. Across sectors these trends differ and have varied implications for real estate demand, says JLL.
The level of uncertainty in the economy is currently at an all-time high with the trajectory of the recovery difficult to forecast. Although there has been no global joined-up policy response, individual countries have taken major steps to try to cushion their people and economies through this difficult period. We look to the economic outlook and policy steps but would advise against putting too much weight on a specific point forecast until the future pathway becomes clearer.
The report includes the below:
- Impact of COVID-19 on the global economy
- Regional views and outlook
- Various economic recovery scenarios
- Global policy response to COVID-19
- Social Policy
- Health Policy
- Monetary Policy
- Fiscal Policy
- Real Estate Policy
- A policy response summary for 10 largest economies – Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, U.K., and the U.S.
- Lessons to be learnt from China’s recovery profile and relaxation of the lockdown
- Re-entry: operational resilience and the ‘new normal’
- A corporate re-entry checklist
- Overview of the office, retail, logistics, hospitality, and living sectors
- Lastly, a futuristic outlook beyond the pandemic: the evolution of ‘megatrends’